Department of Justice Canada | Articling Student
Basics of the Job
The Department of Justice Canada is inviting eligible candidates for Articling Students through the legal excellence program at four different places in Canada. The department is willing to provide a positive and motivation work environment with an appreciable salary.
Job offering organisation
- Department of Justice Canada
- Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon & Regina $44,230 / Calgary $48,484
Area of operation
- Calgary (Alberta), Edmonton (Alberta), Winnipeg (Manitoba), Saskatoon (Saskatchewan)
- A successful completion of bachelor of law degree from a recognised organisation
- The candidate should be Eligible for articles pursuant to the rules of the Law Society of different places such as (Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba)
- English is essential requirement
- Different abilities are needed such as analyse legal problems, good communicative skills orally and in writing.
- Some core competencies such as working efficiently with the other staffs, showing initiative, work orientation and respect towards the people and work is expected.
Some Assets Are Also Required
- An experience if working in strict legal environment
- The candidate is expected to have experience in organising and participating in extra circular activities.
The department expects some organisational skills too.
The candidates are required to submit some documents for the screening process
- A resume is needed
- A letter of 200-250 words is expected from the candidate mentioning why a career at the department is suitable for him.
- A curriculum vitae is needed
- The law school transcripts are needed which must have second-year first-term marks on them.
Students who are selected are required to bring the original school transcripts to their interview. The candidates failing to produce so would be disqualified.
THE STUDENTS ARE STICTLY MENTIONED TO APPLY ONLY VIA THE LEGAL EXCELLENCE PROGRAM.
How to Apply
The eligible students are requested to apply only through online modes. The applications can be submitted via the links given on the official website. It is important to note that you have to fill accordingly to the place you prefer. Different links and forms are available for different places.
Last date to apply
7 May 2020