Library and Archives Canada | Imaging Technician
Basics of the Job
The Library and Archives Canada – Digital Operations and Preservation Branch, Gatineau (Québec) is inviting eligible candidates for the post of Imaging Technician. The department is willing to provide the candidates with good salary prospects and motivating and healthy work environment
Job offering organisation
- The Library and Archives Canada
- $43,292 to $48,735
Area of Operation
- 625 Boulevard du Carrefour, Gatineau, Québec
- 550 Boulevard de la Cité, Gatineau, Québec
- 680 Boulevard des Affaires, Gatineau, Québec
- 395 rue Wellington, Ottawa, Ontario
- A Secondary school diploma is essentially needed in educational requirements.
- The candidate must have an experience in using production scanners for purposes such as digitalization in the workplaces.
- He should have an experience with the methods of processing digital images and should know the different techniques used to digitalise.
- The candidate should be familiar and should have an experience using Bridge, Photoshop, and Acrobat in the Adobe Creative Cloud software
- A detailed knowledge of Photoshop and other such apps are needed.
- A detailed knowledge of handling and utilizing the archival or library materials.
Some essentials of the Job
- The language should be French or English
- Some abilities such as working efficiently, respecting the workplace, helping the team with problems and ability to communicate effectively in all the ways either be it oral or written is expected.
- Some personal suitability is appreciated such as working and paying attention to the details, reliability and judgement.
Some other assets and qualifications that might be needed
- A College diploma in photographic, design, multimedia or related studies is highly appreciated
- Some operational requirements are expected to be fulfilled by the candidates
Few of these requirements are willing to fork for overtime when needed; he should be always ready to perform overtime when needed.
It might happen that the job offered could be in an environment which would be noisy, dirty and with no means of transport
You will be screened on the basic of written exam and interview process. You must go through the official website for complete details of the process.
How to Apply
All the candidates interested in the vacancies can fill the application forms available online on the official website. No other mode of filling the application is accepted.
Last Date to Apply
- 1 May 2020