Public Service Commission of Canada | Second Language Assessors
Basics of the Job
The Public Service Commission (PSC) at Gatineau office is looking for eligible candidates for the post of second language Assessors. The government of Canada is offering such posts to the people who have passion in French Language and are comfortable in dealing with client.
Area of Operation
- Gatineau (Québec)
Job Offering Organization
- Public Service Commission of Canada
- $66,636 to $77,665
The selection will be done by a long screening process. You are required to provide different certifications of your skills and the selection will be completely in the hands of hiring manager.
As a Second Language Assessors you will have to administer the test of oral proficiency for at least five times a day. You will be interacting and analysing different facts with clients such as public servants and even members of general public. You will be working with the team at the new office in 22 Eddy Street located in Gatineau.
- Graduation with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- A specialization is needed in subjects such as education, linguistics, journalism, psychology translation, literature, communications, sociology or some other specialty relevant to the position.
- Such a specialization can be obtained by any bachelor’s degree or by an experience in teaching French for a minimum of two years.
- Experience of interaction with clients in diverse environments.
- Experience of using French as a second language such as a tutor, teacher etc.
Essentials for the Job
- Bilingual – Imperative (BBB/PPP) language profile should have an advanced professional level in French in reading, writing and oral communication
- A command on English is also needed.
This will be tested by advanced professional level (P) in French in reading, writing and oral communication.
- Abilities such as Reliability, Judgement, Interpersonal skills, Client service orientation are expected.
There are many other tests which the candidates have to pass. Go through the official website for more information.
How to Apply
Only online mode of applications is available. The interested and eligible candidates can fill the form online.
Last date to apply- 30 April 2020